Friday, June 13, 2008

#99: Knowing People Personally






I love knowing people personally. I love thinking up the perfect gift for people. And last Monday, it was my friends' turn to give me perfect gifts.

1. Angela gave me bed sheets, and not just any bed sheets, but ones she made herself. It was an inside joke because we've been bedspread shopping and I've discovered I am not a good bedspread shopper. And not only that, she happened to include a Puffins Hydration Kit.


2. Bob gave me a GPS. And not just any GPS, but a real, live, bona-fide Greenlake Park Skate. He knows I always get lost. He knows I once got lost going to Green Lake (I happened to call him while he was in Fred Meyer and he navigated me back from the unknown).

3. Pisei gave me an apple pie. Not a cake. Very, very important.

4. Joe gave me an original apple from the Apartment of Friendship.

5. Jeanette printed off fun facts about my birthday.


6. Elizabeth, Sydney and Sandi surprised me with lunch in the center room at work. With bread. And dipping sauce....perfect!

7. Mike gave me a Boeing mini-mouse. Ok, so this one was more like a shoot-it's-Stacey's-birthday-what-do-I-have-in-my-car-that-I-could-give-her type of gift, but I appreciated it nonetheless. He probably still thinks my birthday is April 21--he's wished me a happy birthday two years running on that day. I know this is going to sound cheesy, but I also appreciated another gift he gave me in the form of a missionary opportunity. Mike is the most amazing member missionary I have ever met. Hands down. He's probably given out more pass along cards than I know people! So I wasn't too surprised when he contacted me a couple of months ago, asking me if I would fellowship a girl he met at the San Jose airport. And he contacted me just the other day, asking me to invite a guy he met outside Bob's apartment. He loves people in a genuine, selfless, fascinating way that is refreshing to watch.

8. And Eve gave me a picture of me in a race car bed.

No comments: