Wednesday, August 13, 2008

#94 Talking with Good Friends

Sometimes you just have friends who are so amazing, that every time you see them you, you can pick up right where you left off, even if it's been a really long time since you've seen each other. Lately, I've had the opportunity to have that time with such AMAZING friends.





When I was in Utah, I got to hang out for an hour or so with my friend Tezsia. I met her when she was investigating the church....she came over for dinner with the
missionaries and it was pretty much instant friendship.




When I was in California, Mike and I helped Mark and Anje celebrate their recent marriage at La Creperie in Long Beach. I met Mike the summer of 2006 when he was up in Seattle on a business trip. He introduced me to Mark and two years later, we're all still good friends.






Then it was off to Bakersfield to spend the day with Katie, Tiffiny, and Ben. Katie and Tiffiny and I all worked at the Marriott Center together and who knew cleaning toilets together would create lifelong bonds? Katie and I actually ended up teaching special ed at the same school for 2 years together and we could probably talk for hours and still have things to say!




And from Bakersfield I drove 2 1/2 hours to the middle of nowhere (I promise, Ridgecrest really is the middle of nowhere) to visit with my good friend Lorie Mac. I've known Lorie since my freshman year of college and she is now a fellow special ed teacher. I didn't get to Ridgecrest until 9:00 pm, and we talked for over 4 hours straight before we finally decided to call it a night. It was sooo worth it!

2 comments:

Phipps Family said...

You snot you didn't tell me you had a blog. You suck. And why aren't our nertz parties that fabulous, are we not good enough for you?

Tiffiny said...

I had a great time when you came to visit! Let's see, you've come my way 3 times and I still haven't come to visit you on your turf. One of these days it will happen!!
By the way, I really like your blog!